Prayer Example - Using Jesus' Description of How to Pray (See John 11)
OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN, HALLOWED BE THY NAME (Focus: Our need and desire to just praise God)
(Isa 40:10,11,28-end,Psalm 150);
Additional scriptures: Ps 147:1-11,Job 39:1-4; Gen 6:5-6, Matt 25:37-40)
* Focus on the nature of God and why he is worthy of praise.
* God understands us and is trustworty and powerful.
* God cares about the very little details of our lives.
* God's heart is filled with pain because of what our sin causes us to do to one another; Gwordod feels our pain.
THY KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.
(Focus: Thanking him for bringing us into His kingdom and the
changes he's made overall in our lives and specifically in our characters. Evangelism)
Jn 4:34-35, 1 Thes 4:3
* Personally praying about our evangelism.
* Personally praying about our BTs, our outreach, our towns,
1 Thes 4:3-8 (God's Will)
Matt 13:31,32,44;MATT:6:33 (The kingdom)
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD
(Focus: Our personal, daily needs such as our rel'ps with our
spouses, children, peers, work friends, etc.
The changes we want to see God make in our characters
Ps 37:1-9,25-26, 2 Co 3:16-18
* God will meet all of our needs and will give us the desires
of our hearts.
* God will transform us into His image.
Additional scriptures: Matt 6:33
AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US.
LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL.
(Focus: Confession of sin and prayers to overcome it and have
1 John 1:5-8; Col 3:5-14
Additional Scriptures: Ro 12:1-3, 1 Pe 2:23-end,Ps 139:23,24
* Be open about who we are, confess our sins and be reminded that we still need and have a savior, Jesus.